Friday, March 02, 2007

The March of Joko

This evening, I committed myself to a challenge for this month. Something I'm gonna do that will spark creativity, artistic vision and maybe a little contraversy. If not for you, then at least in myself.

Video Blogging. Its a form of personal narrative new to the 21st century. When I've written personal narrative works in the past, I've been influenced by people like Herb Caen, Bukowksi and all of my old friends, The Graphites. In that tradition, I make this commitment.

If you want to wake you inner artist, it is important that you do something creative each and every day. Being fortunate to have somehow connected with a group of internet friends which include a lot of very creative people, I feel I'm not pissing in the wind here. Your thoughts or replies as I begin this endeavor will be appreciated and archived. I want to find my voice in a new medium: video. I want to chronicle my existence and hopefully share some of my thoughts. experiences and humor with a few friends and family.

One, and only one, video from me will be appearing from me each and every day for the entire month of March. If I don't do this, please delete me from your friends. By making this commitment publicly here and now, I am obligated to do it.

Won't be easy. It takes just as much to think up, record, edit, produce, upoad and then publish ideas on video as it would take to write them down. Surely many of you have made similar resolutions to cultivate your inner artist in a regular manner and seen those resolutions fall apart. I know I have. Thank the Creator of the Universe, Squishy Bear, for this great thing called MySpace where a creativite expression can be so easily shared, and a pronouncement made to hundreds...err, about 100 people at the same time!

Join me in making March the most creative month in your life so far....


The March Of Joko, March 1st - Watch more funny videos here

No comments:

Post a Comment