Friday, August 10, 2012

Fun With Time Lapse Video

Two months ago, I had my cable & internet shut off for a week due to lack of funds. Last month, that time was down to five days. This month, I only had to suffer two days of no-media between shut off date and payday. Whoohoo! Next month, I’ll be current.  

There are some definite upsides to having two days off concurrent with no TV or internet (throw in no gas money to go anywhere either). My apartment has never been cleaner (I vacuumed, twice!). Every single item of clothing I own is laundered. I finished two books this week (which means I’m out of reading material and must go to the used bookstore today). Heck, I’ve even lost 15 pounds due to this summer’s austerity induced diet of cheeseburgers being replaced by homemade chicken & rice (well, Rice-a-Roni or it’s generic equivalent. Love that stuff). 

  I even had a chance to explore some of the lesser used functions of my video camera, such as the time-lapse recording feature. 

I learned squirrels and cats make for poor time-lapse subjects whereas sunsets are awesome. Enjoy! 

 

3 comments:

  1. I thought the big barge chasing the little boat was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were so evenly spaced, I think it was a tug pulling the barge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun! did you know the boats were there when you took it?

    ReplyDelete