Monday, November 26, 2012

ISLAND OF THE MISFIT POINSETTIAS

I read an article recently about Amercan's favorite Christmas TV specials.  The most beloved televised holiday pageant turned out to be "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (1965).  If you remember, the central theme from that story was the redemption of the bedgragled Christmas tree. 



 Charlie Brown's tree was laughed at and derided... as was Charlie for picking it. 

On Black Friday, one of my store's big promotions was the 99 cent poinsettia.  They were little ones.  Most of them were somewhat stunted and bedragled, scraggily red and green weeds with more than a little yellow and brown too.  Customers were cherry picking the best of these holiday rejects on Friday; most of the carts I saw early in the day had a pot or three or six.  By Monday, the end of the sale, the pickings were slim. 


They looked like rack after rack of Charlie Brown's Christmas Trees. 
 

My heart went out to them. 

Okay, when they got marked down to 25 cents each, then my heart went out to them.  I bought four, specifically looking for the most scraggily looking ones. 
 

They now line the back of my computer desk.
 


all4


I suddenly HAVE room on my computer desk due to replacing my deal desktop computer with the sleek laptop you see in the pics... 

p3
p2


p1


HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM THE ISLAND OF MISFIT POINSETTIAS!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:00 AM

    I offered you a ship. A ship, and a crew. And you refused me!

    ReplyDelete