Wednesday, March 16, 2005

PartyPoker. com

The WeatherPixie
I love playing online Texas hold'em poker. Its not something I've ever done for money, but I do covet my fake chips at PartyPoker.com. It's an addicting little game that involves using math and psychological skills at the same time. You also have to strategize with an understanding of the personalities of the players at the table. Like many Americans, I started getting excited about Texas Hold Em by watching the Celebrity Poker Challenge on Bravo and then graduating to the World Poker Tour. If you haven't seen the WPT on the travel channel, its truly entertaining television.

Right now, at 11:32 AM, I've had a morning off by myself and have been playing poker since about 10. Like always, you start with $2000 in fake chips from your bank, which the site keeps track of for you. At this moment, I'm sitting at the table with $53K. Right now, at the table, I've won over 50% of my total bank from playing 5-10 hours a week for the last 5 months. I could lose it all back before I stop for the day, but thats not likely.

Whoops.... lost a hand... now I've got 48K...

If you haven't tried playing Texas Hold Em online, I suggest you check out this site. Unfortunately, its not Mac compatible, so you gotta use a PC. Its a nice place to learn, Look for me in the $2k Limit Hold Em fake money games. I go by Joko Londo.

No comments:

Post a Comment