Wednesday, September 07, 2005

McKenna's Horsey

http://johndeeregirl11.blogspot.com/

Check out this blog. I wandered into it because I saw it was written by someone named "McKenna" my family name (2 generations ago).

I thought it was wonderfully kitschy. Goofy. Ironic. It features a whole series of silly photos of a stuffed animal telling a tragic, yet classic story. I liked it a lot. It reminded me of BatGirl's blog, a Minnesota Twins fans who uses children's action figures to depict stories from the world of baseball.

Then I checked the profile of the author...

When an adult uses kid's toys to tell a story, it's kitschy. That's what I assumed the blog was. Actually, the author is an 11 year old kid. McKenna is now a popular girl's first name, so I was likely misunderstanding any surname connection as well. It puts a different spin on the blog from my perspective, but it is still highly creative in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment