Thursday, June 07, 2012

An Elk Is Born! Yellowstone Edition - Part Five

So where is the “documentary quality” video I promised I would make at the outset of my Yellowstone jouney? Patience. I am earmarking specific clips that are Discovery-Channel-worthy as I go through this process of combing through some 4+ hours of footage.


This little vignette will forever hold a special place in my heart. I was a mere 15 miles into Yellowstone when I came across this broad plain with lots of bison and solitary elk momma with her newborn calf…



3 comments:

  1. Well, you've seen something we've never seen... bison chasing after a vehicle! Usually they just stand in the way and could care less! Plus, we've never seen such young elk and bison either since we've never ventured to the park as early in the season! However, as you suspect, a large number of the elk babies are taken by the grizzlies coming out of their dens... =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is fascinating!!! I see that I need to catch up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the cold weather was worth gettiqng to see these!

    ReplyDelete