Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Into Yellowstone! Tour d'Joko: Episode Four

I took the photo at the right whilst at work today. Unfortunately, the Pomeranian turned it’s head at the last minute, but as you might imagine, a little old lady ferrying her little dog AND cat around America’s favorite home improvement store was undeniably cute. Cats and Dogs! Shopping Together!! (as Peter Venkman sorta warned us of in Ghostbusters) 

 Still, people who do things like bringing both the cat and the dog with them in their power chairs are the types who would do things like keep track of their pets’ birthdays. On that note, my cat Bliss turns 6 years old on 6/6. Do the math and you’ll understand why her full name is Iblis.

                                          * * *  

The 4th Episode of the Tour d’Joko: Yellowstone Edition ends with me entering the park. The lead up to that… well… I’ll say this, I was very judicious in my editing. The original version of this video was 9 minutes long and was composed almost entirely of me sharing rather uninteresting minutia into the camera. Worse yet, it was delivered rather blandly. 

See, I understand now why professional video productions have so many participants. You need a sound guy who can concentrate solely on the audio quality. You need a grip who will focus on the stability of the camera shot. Me, I needed a director who could tell the talent (again, me), “Joko, you’re not being as dynamic and exciting enough in your narration, let’s do it again.” In any case, Joko, the editor, was able to cut Joko, the narrator, down from 9 to 6 minutes. 

Please enjoy the Tour d’Joko, Yellowstone Edition, Part Four.
 

2 comments:

  1. The vast information on the internet does not seem to include anything about whether ukulele playing attracts or repels wild animals, e.g., bears.

    There is one video on YouTube that mentions ukuleles and bears, from a young female who couldn't get her video up loud enough to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat looks to be pleading for rescue! Poor kitty...

    I personally think noise (not that I'm calling your ukelele playing noise by any means) of any kind would deter bears from coming close to a campsite in Yosemite ~ er, Yellowstone! Or even near it! After all, they sell little bells to wear while hiking! But I see that you are back home now, so I guess you made it out!

    Your humor would fit right in with our family! Except you got one up on us with Ennis! We didn't catch that one! There is a favorite in Colorado that we lovingly refer to as "Crusted Butt". See if you can find it on the map!

    ReplyDelete